Management Process: The fourth of four key success drivers
For an organization that embraces ValueGroove, there are four key drivers of organizational success: Culture, People, Strategy and Management Process. In this entry we will briefly review the essential elements of the ValueGroove Management Process.
ValueGroove Management Process—the big idea: Establish a reasonably disciplined, simple execution process, including clear goals and milestones, with regular feedback loops to drive learning.
What to do
- Commit to establishing and using a true management process—even when the building is on fire.
- Everyone in the company will become more proactive, and will spend less of his or her time putting out fires or engaged in rework.
- Learning and innovation will be accelerated.
- You will be more successful in hitting this year’s targets, while simultaneously establishing the foundation for success in future years (through Asset Goals and plans).
- High priority goals will be identified, with clear accountability by individual goal-owners for each goal.
- Early warning of missed milestones will allow the team to adjust as necessary.
- Occasionally establishing a strategy and goals, but then not executing on them with a sustainable process. (The annual off-site trap).
- Having goals and milestones for financial targets only, while ignoring the key value drivers that lead to sustainable financial excellence.