Because we utilize a set of broadly applicable principles and processes to help organizations manage value more effectively, we work with a wide variety of clients, both in terms of company size and industry.
Our efforts are most successful when we work with CEOs and other business leaders who are not satisfied with the current performance of their organizations. That dissatisfaction can be sparked either by immediate challenges that need to be addressed, or by a vision of greater future success that the organization is striving to realize. Projects we have worked on include:
- Working with the CEO of a mid-sized travel company to refocus on the core business, and to execute a disciplined growth plan using the ValueGroove Management Process. As a result of this work, the company grew much faster than its competitors to gain significant market share.
- Working with the CEO of a Fortune 500 healthcare company to develop an integrated framework for succession planning based on the organization’s mission, strategy and competitive environment. We also worked with a senior management team at the same health care company to articulate the firm’s core principles, and to create a process for achieving competitive success by aligning all business processes with those fundamental principles.
- Working with the management team of a prestigious non-profit organization to help them develop a new business model in light of the rapid, fundamental changes occurring in their market. We helped the team identify a powerful, more focused strategy, while expanding its strategic management capabilities.
- Working with the founder and board of advisors of an Inc. 500 candidate firm in the energy conservation business to help them understand and manage the challenges of rapid growth. The ValueGroove Management Process helped the client identify a high-value strategy to support future growth, and to focus more narrowly on market segments in which it could create the greatest value.
- Working with the founder of an Internet hardware start up (a high speed switch manufacturer) to develop a business strategy based on the founders technological innovation, and to write a business plan to attract venture capital.
- Working with the head of strategy and business development of a Fortune 500 company to explore the organization's Internet and information technology strategies. A white paper was drafted which analyzed the company's strategic issues within the context of a rapidly changing information economy. The paper was used to educate managers and to frame the development of a new IT initiatives.
- Working with the Corporate Vice President of R&D of a Fortune 500 company to review the product development processes of several business units and evaluate the company’s new product portfolio. A report and presentation were prepared for the board of directors.
- Working with the head of business development of a Fortune 500 building services company to develop a strategic marketing plan for the health care vertical market. The plan included an initiative to combine traditional energy services (or performance contracting) with outsourced operations and maintenance to create long-term, multi-facility contracts for hospitals and health care networks.
- Working with the founders of a small computer services company to help them create a new business model. As a result of the engagement, the client began migrating its focus from a commodity business to more service-intensive markets in which it could add more value..