The People Groove module provides a simple process for managing employee development. Each employee participating in the People Groove module has a personal development annual goal and plan, including monthly milestones (similar to the employee’s other annual goals).
The personal development plan is important for several reasons:
- It provides a structured process for employee development (which is often overlooked or undervalued in small to midsized organizations).
- It aligns and integrates employee development with the needs of the organization.
- It provides an avenue for the employee to define and pursue career and work-life objectives, and to link the achievement of those objectives to value delivered to the organization (in keeping with the basic win/win value logic of the ValueGroove perspective).
- It provides powerful motivation for employees to embrace the goals process, by putting their personal interests front and center (along with the interests of customers and investors).
- It helps the organization develop more effective and more loyal employees, while also growing better managers.
The following screenshot from the VMPgoals application shows part of a personal development plan
The People Groove module also includes a Behavioral Agreements tool, which allows an employee and manager to document specific behavioral issues that each agrees to work on. This tool provides and effective, non-threatening way for focusing on important behavioral issues, and for managing conflict more effectively. Behavioral agreements, along with the entire employee development plan, are reviewed monthly or quarterly, which is much more effective than addressing raising such issues during a typical annual review process. The following screenshot from the VMPgoals application shows a feedback and learning form in which a goal-owner evaluates her and her manager’s success in honoring the behavioral agreements they have negotiated.
If you would like to discuss our process solutions, please contact us.
For more detailed information regarding the ValueGroove Process, see the Resources section of this site.
All ValueGroove process solutions are designed to multiply the impact of our Boston-based business coaching offering, serving clients in North America and Europe.